Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A public service announcement

All young women should consider getting this vaccine:

Gardasil - English

Gardasil - español
La vacuna está disponible en Chile. A mí me la pusieron en la Clínica Santa María.


I just got the second of three required shots yesterday. My arm is a little sore, but I bet cervical cancer hurts more. I hope that all insurance plans--including ones here in Chile, where Gardasil costs even more than it does in the U.S.--will come to the same conclusion and start covering the vaccine.


My calculations bring the total cost of the vaccine series in Chile to about US$525, which is close to being more than what half of Chile's private sector workers earn each month. For more on Chilean needles, check out this blog post I came across.



No comments: