Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Hi everyone! As I'm sure you've noticed, it's been a while since my last entry. It's not for lack of ideas; I actually have an entire cast of future blog entries waiting in the wings. It's not for lack of down time, either; despite all the family gatherings, I've watched each of the Office episodes my mom taped for me -- multiple times.

The truth is that even though this blog claims to chronicle my "adventures in multiple hemispheres," it's pretty much about Chile, a place where I currently am not. It's tough to write about summery Chile from frigid Minnesota, not just because it feels so out of context but also because it prevents me from fully luxuriating in being here. I'm at home in Minneapolis so rarely that it seems like a waste of precious time to write about Chile while I am. Writing about what it's like to visit home while living in Chile is a different story, but I just didn't feel like it today. Hopefully I'll start feeling more creative soon, so keep checking back.

So, there's the explanation. And here's a holiday greeting: Happy holidays to everyone who reads this blog! I hope the last days of 2008 are the best of the year and that 2009 starts out with a bang.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm like 20 minutes from Minneapolis right now! Funny how that works out! How long will you be here?