Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Minnesota Christmas Down Under

I'm sitting in bed gazing out at Christmas lights and listening to the Christmas music marathon on the Twin Cities' own Kool 108. And I'm still below the Equator.

Yes, thanks to the glories of the internet and the cheapest lights we could find at the so-called Chinese Mall on San Diego, V. and I have transformed his little corner of the pension into a slice of Minnesota holiday paradise. With Kool 108 blasting tunes "Let it Snow," "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and reports of traffic jams thousands of miles away, we strung the lights up on the patio as the sun set on yet another mild summer afternoon.

Then we got artsy.

Then V. read a book while I pumped up the bass on the Christmas carols and danced around the patio singing for a while. It was the first time I'd truly felt in the Christmas spirit this year.

I'm sure this is nothing compared to how I'll feel on Saturday when my plane lands in a city covered in snow and fragrant with the scent of real Christmas trees. I'm. So. Excited.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

There's lots of snow here!!!
:D I got here yesterday!!!

Leigh said...

I'm jealous you're already there, even though I only have a day to wait! Hope you have a great Christmas with your family!