Monday, March 23, 2009

36 full ounces of bliss

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who offered suggestions about where to find Dr. Pepper in Santiago! Just as Lydia said, the Jumbo at the intersection of Grecia and Macul (Jose Pedro Alessandri) had a stash. As you can see below, they also had A&W root beer.


Unfortunately, I have very little self control when it comes to things that are delicious, so all this was gone within 24 hours of me purchasing it.

This just goes to show how useful our little gringas-in-Chile blogging community can be when it comes to information exchange!

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about Part 2 of my "Why I Came to Chile" story. It's on it's way!

7 comments:

Sara said...

There are so many things I want to find here. Congrats on finding the pop you were looking for. Yes, I just said pop.

Shannon said...

Delicious!!!
Dr. Pepper is my favorite pop!! I love it. The flavor just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in side. Kind of like wear new socks!! :D Glad you found it!!

Leigh said...

Pop: 2
Soda: 0

Awesome.

Abby said...

Well, I say soda but I'm also really excited about the prospect of going to that Jumbo very soon and getting some root beer.

lydia said...

I am proud to say we still have 1 root beer left in the fridge.

I am saddened to say there are 2 of us for that 1 can.

and I am ashamed to say that there were originally SO MANY after my shopping and the (failed) idea was to make root beer floats.

yay for or long lost colas (haha jk just trying to throw off the poll)

Mamacita Chilena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miyaunna said...

Oh my gosh! You are sooo lucky that you can find the pop you like! Here in Tokyo I have to look everywhere for decent rootbear and cream soda...