Monday, March 2, 2009

Back in action

Wherein Leigh Learns how to Post Videos on her Blog

As you may have noticed, this is my first entry in a few weeks. That's because, like so many other Santiaguinos, I fled the city for a few weeks in February. My backpacking trip through southern Chile -- which I promise to post about over the next few days -- included stops at the Altos de Lircay National Reserve near Talca, Lagos Llanquihue and Todos los Santos, and the Chiloe Archipelago (I have a gringo keyboard, so just imagine the accent on the "e" in "Chiloe"
).

I didn't announce my trip on my blog because I've seen enough T.V. news magazine programs to make me fear the internet. And 16 hours on a bus left me too wiped out to write about my travels today. So, for the time being, I've posted a preview for your viewing pleasure.

I took this video during a boat ride across Lago Todos los Santos in Region X. Learning to post videos on Blogger more than fulfilled my technological quota for the day, so I decided to put off learning to use my video editing software. I hope to have a prettier version of this clip -- a.k.a. one with fewer random people and cargo crates -- ready soon. Until then, enjoy:


video

No comments: