Thursday, April 23, 2009

Free Santiago en 100 Palabras books!

Free Santiago en 100 Palabras books are being given away at select Metro stations today until 5 p.m.! All the info is available here.

I hardly saw this publicized anywhere, which is why I'm just posting about it now. Maybe the Metro powers that be wanted to avoid a mob scene like the one I found myself in the middle of the last time I went to get one of these books.

I picked up my book at Los Heroes this afternoon. Then I went to a beauty parlor where a toy poodle named Simba growled at me and a 60-year-old woman in curlers called someone on her cell phone to announce she was getting "pimped."

3 comments:

Renée said...

I got mine this morning at Baquedano! I was all upset seeing the crush of people in front of the station, thinking I was going to be late for class but when I realized what they were doing, I jumped right in.

Leigh said...

I was surprised at how quickly the line at Los Heroes went. Even if there had been a wait, it would have been worth it!

Maeskizzle said...

hahahahaha. I'm glad the woman is content about getting pimped!!!! hahahahaha