Friday, August 7, 2009

Mea culpa

Aparte de saludarl@s, I'm writing to apologize for the following:

1) Having written little of substance these past few weeks. And for having been terribly remiss when it comes to commenting on your blogs and responding to the comments you leave me. I'm sorry. I fully intend to right my ways. In my defense, all I can say is that working full time (and believe me, Chilean full time is longer than U.S. full time) while writing two term papers has left me with very little time for much else. After I turn the last of them in next week, though, I'll be free to finish up the numerous half-written entries I have queued up.

2) Enabling comment moderation. This is not my way of silencing everyone who disagrees with me. I did it to have more control over how much personal information about me appears on the internet. As some of you know, my desire to do so stems half from an actual creepy experience and half from good old-fashioned paranoia. So, don't worry: As long as you keep it respectful and don't mention my home address or place of employment, I won't censor you.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I can't even fathom not moderating comments. Maybe one day when I get popular enough to get dozens of comments every day, I'll think about it. Mostly I don't want people using my blog to promote themselves, if they have nothing of interest to offer (meaning related blogs, Chile info, etc).

so all is forgiven. Good luck with all of your mad projects. I hope they bring you where you're trying to go!