Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The spiral

I plan to spend the rest of this week spiraling ever more deliriously downward into an abyss of torment and despair (I'm writing two huge papers), so I probably won't be posting anything meaty until next week. Until then, here are a few snaps of things that have caught my attention over the past few weeks. Enjoy:

Merry Christmas to you too, La Guardia.

Being the only person stuck in the library over break feels awesome.


Like Ben Covington of Felicity fame, I couldn't wait "to see this place when it snows." I always liked Noel Crane better, though.

I used to live somewhere that looked somewhat like this. :)

4 comments:

Abby said...

I saw that exact same sign in LaGuardia. Did someone try to bomb a plane with a snowglobe once?? Honestly, the things that are restricted on airplanes are getting to be quite ridiculous.

My favorite sign from LaGuardia was in the US Airways terminal at a spa. It said, "Putting the man back in manicure" and showed a picture of a man getting his nails done. Too bad I didn't have my camera on me...

Jamie said...

Love 'em all!

adam said...

That chimney reminds me of the one from The Royal Tenenbaums where Richie used to hide out with Mordecai. Great shot!

Leigh said...

@abby A snowglobe bomb would rank high on the list of most disturbing things ever. That manicure sign sounds pretty clever, if I do say so myself.

@adam I'm borderline obsessed with the Royal Tenenbaums. Next week I'm planning to stake out their house in Hamilton Heights. (I looked it up...It's real!)